Digital Asset Platform EDX Markets has recently completed a new funding round and has begun trading.
EDX Markets : is a digital asset marketplace designed to enable safe and compliant trading of digital assets.
Already backed by a consortium of major financial institutions,
EDX has opened trading as the crypto marketplace of choice for industry leaders and builds on best practices from traditional finance to provide customers with distinctive benefits including liquidity,
competitive quotes and a unique, non-custodial model designed to mitigate conflicts of interest.
EDX also introduced a retail-only quote to the crypto markets, allowing participants the benefit of better pricing for retail-originated orders.
Products traded on EDX include Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
In Short :
- EDX to launch new clearinghouse business later this year to provide members with the most competitive and capital efficient market through a single settlement process.
- The launch of EDX and the announcement of EDX Clearing coincide with the completion of the new funding round, which welcomed additional strategic investors.
- The recent news of EDX Markets’ launch and funding round has been covered by various news outlets and cryptocurrency websites.
EDX Markets provides a trusted, efficient, and liquid cryptocurrency trading experience
EDX’s launch and the announcement of EDX Clearing come as the company recently closed a new funding round that welcomed additional strategic investors, including Miami International Holdings, DV Crypto, GTS, GSR Markets LTD, and HRT Technology.
These firms join a coalition of founding investors, including Charles Schwab, Citadel Securities, Fidelity Digital AssetsSM, Paradigm, Sequoia Capital, and Virtu Financial.
The new funding will support EDX as it continues to develop its trading platform and solidifies its market leadership position.
“EDX’s ability to attract new investors and partners in the face of sector headwinds demonstrates the strength of our platform and the demand for a safe and compliant cryptocurrency market”
“We are committed to bringing the best of traditional finance to cryptocurrency markets, with an infrastructure built by market experts to embed key institutional best practices. With the endorsement of our new and growing list of investors and customers, we’re proud to launch trading and look forward to further enhancements to our offering. Looking ahead, EDX Clearing will be a major differentiator for EDX — and resolve an unmet need in the market – by enhancing competition and creating unparalleled operational efficiency through a single settlement process.”said Jamil Nazarali, CEO of EDX.
Later this year, Platform EDX will launch EDX Clearing to settle trades matched on EDX Markets.
The clearinghouse will facilitate trades against a central counterparty,
allowing participants to benefit from enhanced price competition and reduced settlement risks, while increasing operational efficiencies.
what types of digital assets are traded on EDX
Platform EDX Markets is a digital asset marketplace designed to enable safe and compliant trading of digital assets.
It doesn’t directly touch any of its customers’ digital assets, instead
how does EDX Markets differ from other digital asset marketplaces
EDX Markets differentiates itself from other digital asset marketplaces in several ways.
Here are some of the key differences:
- EDX Markets is designed to enable safe and compliant trading of digital assets through a first-of-its-kind digital asset marketplace.
- Unlike most exchanges, EDX Markets doesn’t support trading activities or retail investors and doesn’t store customer funds.
- Instead, it provides access directly via an application programming interface (API).
- EDX Markets has taken a contrarian approach to centralized crypto exchanges like Binance and Coinbase by sidestepping retail investors and avoiding asset custody.
- It doesn’t directly touch any of its customers’ digital assets, instead.
- EDX Markets is aimed at more influential institutional traders.
- EDX Markets has recently completed a new funding round and has welcomed additional strategic investors.